In preparation for the the Ginuwine show this Saturday Night at the Tulalip Resort Casino, here are 8 facts that every real fan should know!
- Ginuwine’s real name is Elgin Baylor Lumpkin. He was born on October 15, 1970, in Washington, D.C.
- He was discovered by Jodeci member DeVante Swing and signed to Swing’s label, Da Bassment Records, in the early 1990s.
- Before his music career took off, Ginuwine worked as a dancer, performing in nightclubs and talent shows.
- His debut single, “Pony,” released in 1996, became a massive hit and has since become a staple of ’90s R&B.
- Ginuwine has collaborated with numerous other artists throughout his career, including Missy Elliott, Timbaland, Aaliyah, and R. Kelly.
- In addition to his music career, Ginuwine has also acted in several films, including “Juwanna Mann” and “Honey.”
- He has been nominated for several awards over the years, including a Grammy Award for his work on the “Moulin Rouge!” soundtrack.
- In recent years, Ginuwine has become a popular internet meme due to a clip of him performing a dance move on the UK reality show “Celebrity Big Brother.” The move, which involved him gyrating his hips, has been dubbed the “Ginuwine Pony.”